Glass Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a glass 40 gallon aquarium. So I thought he was fighting his reflection so I added a background.
I have put it outside the aquarium, it did not fix glass surfing and still trying to catch the wave.

I can see a faint reflection, should I move the background inside?
image for reference :
4iz3XRG.jpg

Bearded dragon:
age 8-9 weeks

Diet:
Dusted crickets, papaya mush, dandelion greens

Enclosure:
40 gallon screen top
ReptiCarpet

lighting:
ZooMed Basking spot lamp
ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO

Temperature(Stick on thermometer)
Bask: ~105F+
Cool: ~90F+

Light:
ON: 6 AM
OFF: 8:45 PM

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Glass surfing could be he wants out or his UVB could be to strong and hes trying to get away from it-- how far is the UVB from him the tank pic doesnt show it-- and it could also be the temp -- the dial thermometer does not give accurate temps in tank - you need to get a IR gun--- infrared heat gun from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes for around $10 --- I would start there -- please leave the background on the outside of tank -- after you get a accurate temp in tank we can go from there -- also you might want to invest in a digital probe therm for the cool side of tank ---
Karrie

tetriminoss

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ywf8d1y said:
Glass surfing could be he wants out or his UVB could be to strong and hes trying to get away from it-- how far is the UVB from him the tank pic doesnt show it-- and it could also be the temp -- the dial thermometer does not give accurate temps in tank - you need to get a IR gun--- infrared heat gun from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes for around $10 --- I would start there -- please leave the background on the outside of tank -- after you get a accurate temp in tank we can go from there -- also you might want to invest in a digital probe therm for the cool side of tank ---
Karrie

I just added the background, could that be the reason? Maybe he feels something has changed and it stresses him out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Idk but I am guessing temps-- I would get an accurate temp first - then go from there
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom