Glass Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a glass 40 gallon aquarium. So I thought he was fighting his reflection so I added a background.
I have put it outside the aquarium, it did not fix glass surfing and still trying to catch the wave.

I can see a faint reflection, should I move the background inside?
image for reference :
4iz3XRG.jpg

Bearded dragon:
age 8-9 weeks

Diet:
Dusted crickets, papaya mush, dandelion greens

Enclosure:
40 gallon screen top
ReptiCarpet

lighting:
ZooMed Basking spot lamp
ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO

Temperature(Stick on thermometer)
Bask: ~105F+
Cool: ~90F+

Light:
ON: 6 AM
OFF: 8:45 PM

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Glass surfing could be he wants out or his UVB could be to strong and hes trying to get away from it-- how far is the UVB from him the tank pic doesnt show it-- and it could also be the temp -- the dial thermometer does not give accurate temps in tank - you need to get a IR gun--- infrared heat gun from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes for around $10 --- I would start there -- please leave the background on the outside of tank -- after you get a accurate temp in tank we can go from there -- also you might want to invest in a digital probe therm for the cool side of tank ---
Karrie

tetriminoss

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ywf8d1y said:
Glass surfing could be he wants out or his UVB could be to strong and hes trying to get away from it-- how far is the UVB from him the tank pic doesnt show it-- and it could also be the temp -- the dial thermometer does not give accurate temps in tank - you need to get a IR gun--- infrared heat gun from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes for around $10 --- I would start there -- please leave the background on the outside of tank -- after you get a accurate temp in tank we can go from there -- also you might want to invest in a digital probe therm for the cool side of tank ---
Karrie

I just added the background, could that be the reason? Maybe he feels something has changed and it stresses him out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Idk but I am guessing temps-- I would get an accurate temp first - then go from there
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom