Stressed by reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

My baby bearded dragon who i've had for almost a week now has been off of his basking rock looking at the glass of his tank with his colors dark. He also has been waving at the reflection, at first I thought he was waving to me but then i realized his pupils and head were looking at the reflection. Sometimes I've even seen him scratching at it. While I feel bad covering 3/4 walls I feel like he will be better off. I used the cardboard from the box his kit came from, which dont worry I have gotten a lot more stuff that wasn't included in the kit / wasn't good enough for him. It's a 40 gal breeder and my beardie is about 7 inches long. (Please forgive me if this is organized weird I slept a total of 1 hour and I'm not that good at writing). Do you guys think that it was a good idea to cover the sides and block 3/4 of his view or will this stress him out more, also is it safe for cardboard to get hot because its near the basking spot. Also one last question that I feel I should include here instead of a separate thread, I haven't been able to find time to get to a store for the life of me. I have crickets that I'm gut loading with a super healthy feed meant for gut loading but the only veggies I have that he can eat are carrots which I don't think he cares for, especially since there weren't any in his bowl at the store I got him at. Do you guys think he can go around 8 days without veggies given the circumstances? ((Edit as im writing this, in just the 10 minutes hes had 3/4ths of his tank covered he seems to be moving around alot more and licking the floor, he also went to the far end of his tank which I never seen him do, is this good or bad?))

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum-- can you please post pics of your tank and lighting--- we can better help you w/ other things as well as the background- besides the box you can use wrapping paper newspaper or other type of paper on the outside of your tank --- he should be eating as many crickets or dubia roaches in 10-15 minutes- they should be dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week -- I recommend dubias they are better for him they dont tend to give parasites/ worms they are easy to keep in a tote or 10 gallon aquarium and you can feed them carrots apples strawberries squash-- they dont stink and they dont chirp-- he needs vegies like collards mustard turnip greens squash -- a little fruit NO citrus - here is a website for nutrition-- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Basking temps should be 105-110-- cool side of tank should be 80's -- right now his main diet is live bugs -- he needs the protein and the calcium and vitamins to get him off to a good start along w/ good UVB--- temps should be taken w/ a Infrared Heat gun --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom