To worry or not to worry (poop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
101824-9513105372.jpg

Basking spot is about 105F, 22" reptisun T5 10.0 with reflector above the tank, greedily eating BSFL crickets and usual salad of endive, collar greens, mustard greens, and dandy leaves. Havent had an issue before but this poop and the last were odd like this. (This occurring yesterday/today)

Note: she was kept at a different house with me, she had her tank w/ all normal decor, for two weeks leading up until June 3rd, and has since been back home. She was on crickets before the 2 week change, had to be switched to a low amount of waxxies during that because there were 0 other options, and has been on BSFL & crickets upon return. Her heat bulb was changed before the 2 weeks but did no produce problems, the fixture was changed during the 2 weeks but did not produce problems. She's been her usual self since return 5 days ago, except for yesterday and today having poop like this.

EDIT: to worry. Found a still live BSFL in the poop when picking it up. I dont put the BSFL in her tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's not out of the average range for healthy poo but she could use more hydration. Does she drink if you soak her ? If not you can use a syringe or spray bottle to direct water gently + slowly to her mouth. Take your time because some won't drink for a minute or so. The live larva in the poo is common with bsfl. If it happens often switch to something else because she got no nutritional value from undigested food that just passes through like that.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
AHBD":3unc465k said:
Hi there, it's not out of the average range for healthy poo but she could use more hydration. Does she drink if you soak her ? If not you can use a syringe or spray bottle to direct water gently + slowly to her mouth. Take your time because some won't drink for a minute or so. The live larva in the poo is common with bsfl. If it happens often switch to something else because she got no nutritional value from undigested food that just passes through like that.

For the record, this was sitting in 90F temps for 2-3 hours before I got to it. I tend to sleep into the afternoon while her lights go on in the morning. She drinks if she's in water and i dribble some on her head. My problem now is finding a live BSFL in it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Like I said, it's common for the bsfl to go through like that. It's even posted on the Phoenix worms website I believe. I wouldn't bother with those for a large dragon. They don't chew them at times and they get no nutrients from food that goes through undigested.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I noticed that after I posted. Need to find other options then. Dubias are a no go, and Im tired of crickets.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Started breaking the outside of the BSFLs beforehand and gave her a bath, looking better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom