Need feeding help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so frustrated right now ?

I spent so long making sure that everything in my beardies cage was correct, but she’s still giving me a hard time. She won’t eat her veggies!! Shes a rescue and they didn’t feed her veggies in her past home, and no matter how much I offer them she won’t eat. Often times she’ll go to eat it but it’s almost like she can’t pick it up, and then she gives up. She’ll eat small amounts of fruit and as many mealworms as I feed her, she’s just so bad about veggies, and I don’t know what to do!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can take time for them to adjust to a healthy diet if they haven't gotten one all along. How is her weight? can you post some current photos of her? You might be able to just offer a nice salad every day until she digs in, but I only advise doing this if she is at a good weight and otherwise healthy. Sometimes hand feeding them veges is helpful. I've also had good luck cutting squash into small worm shapes.

aritashakkori

Original Poster
CooperDragon":7u451ijf said:
It can take time for them to adjust to a healthy diet if they haven't gotten one all along. How is her weight? can you post some current photos of her? You might be able to just offer a nice salad every day until she digs in, but I only advise doing this if she is at a good weight and otherwise healthy. Sometimes hand feeding them veges is helpful. I've also had good luck cutting squash into small worm shapes.

I still haven’t figured out how to post pictures haha, but she’s chunky, almost overweight lol. What confuses me is that she tries to eat but can’t? Like she goes for it and tries to grab it but never does and she gives up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

They do tend to get frustrated and give up if they miss the food after a few tries. I've found that hand feeding helps to give them a better angle. Sometimes the fresh food is too wet for their tongues to catch so waiting for it to dry up a little bit later on in the day can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom