Basking temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very top point of my beardies basking area is temping In at 112, she doesn’t even bask at the highest point though, does she go where she knows it’s comfortable or is it something I need to worry about and adjust?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Whats the temp at where she basks usually?
How old is she?

They are pretty good at picking the spot they like. As long as you have a good gradient and the rest of your tank isn't too hot you're fine. :)

-Brandon

Jeremiahfish

Original Poster
Where she’s likes to hang is around 105 she’s my first beardie and I would guess around 3 months old. I just got my digital thermometer yesterday so I’m still messing around to get the perfect temp, but I think I’m about there

TallyReed

I just got my new beardie yesterday, three months old as well, and he has not spent much time at all in the 109 degree basking spot.

He has parked himself at the highest point in the enclosure under the UVB tube and lounged there for stretches of time, but his favourite spot thus far is lower down in the middle of the enclosure.

Seems similar to what you have been experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom