Help front legs swollen and notice possible tail rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldramirez

Original Poster
I didn’t think about that the entire time since he was at the pet store. Makes sense. These are definitely not beginners pets like pet smart said . Thanks again

Ldramirez

Original Poster
Okay great. His left leg finally shed and the swelling went down on that leg. Now he still won’t touch the crickets or roaches but he is eating his greens and we have been trying some squash from the care page on this site. So I will look on line if I can maybe order some silkworms. I can’t believe something this small can be a picky eater.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow what a picky little guy -- usually its the greens they dont touch and gobble the bugs-- you can try some small horn worms for hydration - butter worms are fattening -- another staple feeder is calci worms also known as blow fly larvea -- they are high in calcium and do not need to be dusted but they are small so he would need to eat a large amount for staple--- keep offering those roaches tho - they are better for him than the crickets --- keep dusting those roaches too w/ the D3 and the vitamins- w/ him eating different greens like the collards turnip or mustard or all 3 he will get calcium from them - and the squash is good too green beans and some fruit--
Karrie

Ldramirez

Original Poster
Thanks I will try these other things for sure. Thanks for letting me know about the larve. Every store is wiped out of everything. I have tried the turnips for the first time and he seems to like it. Yes very picky. Never from the beginning he liked roaches but I will continue offering them. Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like your boy is doing better now!
So he likes the turnip greens then? They are definitely picky with their eating sometimes for
sure. Most of them do love the phoenix worms or otherwise known as calcium worms, too.
I hope he continues to improve for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom