Struggling with gravid beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
My 2 year old beardie has been gravid for a month almost. I’ve made her a lay box with play sand in a large storage bin with her heat lamp. I’ve tried daily to put her in but she climbs up the sand and tries to jump out.
I took her to the vet and got an X-ray, they said she is definitely gravid but the shells hadn’t formed. I was given liquid calcium to give daily so I did that. That was 3 weeks ago. She is still very active and pacing around her tank and running around the house. I got her from someone on Craigslist who couldn’t take care of her almost a year ago so I have no idea if she’s ever laid eggs before. I made another appointment for the 15th for the vet.
Is there anything I could be doing wrong or anything else I can try?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She should be O.K, they usually lay when the time comes. Make sure the sand is damp + piled high on one side and the laybox is not too hot. Can you post pics of how your box is set up > They like privacy too so add an upside down large shoebox with one side cut out for her to enter her " cave ".

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1sdeb4j0 said:
She should be O.K, they usually lay when the time comes. Make sure the sand is damp + piled high on one side and the laybox is not too hot. Can you post pics of how your box is set up > They like privacy too so add an upside down large shoebox with one side cut out for her to enter her " cave ".

So I just got her a 120 gal tank so I moved the sand into her old tank. Will that work any better or worse?

https://imgur.com/a/Y4hiF9D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's the right idea ! You just need a much bigger box and a lot more substrate partly packed in it.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1d016jwr said:
That's the right idea ! You just need a much bigger box and a lot more substrate partly packed in it.

I’ll find a bigger box and put more sand in there. She’s still not eating and she’s running around the house constantly. She’s also starting poop little poops everywhere again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom