Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby beardie from PetSmart has been puffing out her throat and doing a exhale burp for the last two days. It’s not an open mouth heat regulating type of thing or a puffing Agression type of thing. I have a 13 sec clip of it. I’m thinking respiratory?? Her hot spot is 98-105 and cool is 80-85 been keeping the night temp around 80. Eating small crickets and baby superworms. She’s been doing this every few minutes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There is no video or pic not sure what you posted but I am guessing she is doing this in the morning ? they usually do morning beardie stretches in the morning puffing out beard--- you said you got her from Petsmart? What kind of set up did you get? Please post pics of the tank and lighting
Karrie

Goldrose63

Original Poster
It’s not just morning it’s all day and night for the last two days. How do I attach the pic to this thread?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go to top of page in the banner click on user image uploader-- down load pics-- click on reply at top if message box click on XIMG - pics should post -
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that can be the beginning of an R.I. Are you sure on the temps. in the tank , how are you measuring them ?

BTW you set up a very beautiful tank for her, obviously put a lot of thought + care in to it. Do you have a long tube uvb bulb or one that fits in the black dome fixture. Although that wouldn't cause an R.I it would still need to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom