Impaction maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t a true ER thing (atleast I don’t think) but I picked up my beardie today and noticed her entire right side of her stomach area was rock hard. I’m just confused because yesterday, she had the biggest poop I’ve ever seen. I’m going start with olive oil and warm baths, massages, more water, is there anything else I can try?? Or should I get her to a vet immediately.
She has also been acting funny, and straining to poop but nothing comes out. Her basking temps are around 100 consistently, and her other side is low 70s. She has a reptisun 10.0 uvb tube light, all lights are on 12 hours. I use a repticarpet substrate, 40 gallon long glass aquarium, 36x18 inches.
(Someone’s gonna ask so I thought I’d go ahead and put it, if you need any more info just lmk)

Lucyrodney

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2r7gun57 said:
Has she laid eggs before? How old is she?
Karrie

She laid eggs about a month ago, first Friday in May. She is almost 3 years old
That was her first clutch
Infertile eggs, she is not being bred

Lucyrodney

Original Poster
It feels very different from her laying though, like it’s all concentrated in one area (her right side) and doesn’t feel like multiple balls like her eggs did.it feels like one solid mass

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I take it shes not digging ? Did she dig when she laid he first hatch?
Karrie

Lucyrodney

Original Poster
She dug for a very long time when she laid the first batch. Other than a little glass surfing today, no. She was straining like she was trying to push something out today, and pooped a little. She didn’t do this when she laid, she waited until we set her up under a blanket (don’t ask we weren’t expecting her to lay).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I guess I would set up a lay box for her and see what happens
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Set up a laybox ASAP, there are youtube videos to show you how , I'm a bit too lazy to type that much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom