I think my beardie has yellow fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":100r4p1m said:
I'm on my computer and can see the pictures a bit more clearly.
Well if you've tried so many baths with no change then your suspicions are most likely correct. And now that I can see them better I'd agree.

How did the lamisil go yesterday? It's suitable for treating the fungus but it can take awhile. Are you able to get into a vet? They would be able to take a scrape sample and identify the fungus.

-Brandon

I didnt get the lamisil brand but i got a generic brand with the same ingredients. I have no idea when we can take him to the vet but we will be able to sometime. It hasnt helped at all as i see no difference in the scales,but it may take longer to work.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The beard has some natural color to it but the fold in the neck is odd looking. Can you get a couple more good pics of that ? And don't bathe him unless he's dirty, bathing can spread it. But yes, use betadine/iodine when you DO bathe him though. Use Lamisil on it for now, after you get more pics of that one spot.

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
AHBD":jgyvg3p2 said:
The beard has some natural color to it but the fold in the neck is odd looking. Can you get a couple more good pics of that ? And don't bathe him unless he's dirty, bathing can spread it. But yes, use betadine/iodine when you DO bathe him though. Use Lamisil on it for now, after you get more pics of that one spot.

Of course,ill try and get more pics of him. We scheduled an exam and skin scraping for 4pm tomorrow. They said skin scraping results take 14 days.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't like the looks of the area around the neck either. It's still possibly a thick shed with natural yellow color, but I recommend having a vet test a sample of the skin so if it is YF, it can be treated quickly using oral and topical meds. Using the equate version of lamisil for topical treatment is no problem, go with it if it saves a bit of money.

If you're having trouble uploading more photos, perhaps try a different browser. You should have an option to upload another photo after you upload the first. If that doesn't work, you can try uploading to an external hosting site like tinypic and link to the photos here.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, most of it looks fine, but the more thicker looking area in the fold of the neck does look
a bit off. Good luck with the scraping, I hope the results come back quickly. It does take about
14 days or so for the fungus to grow on the culture, if there is any fungus present.
How is he doing otherwise, does he have a good appetite & is he basking normally?
The generic anti-fungal cream should work just as well as the name brand.

Tracie

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
He has a good appetite and eats roaches daily. He normally doesnt bask that much but kinda chills around his tank. The thicker area by his neck is what concerned me the most. I know that yellow fungus is uncurable so ive been having anxiety alot but im excited to get him to the vet today!

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
YEESSS the vet said it was just dried skin stuck on to him due to having a dry enclosure. Im bring in a fecal too,thanks for the help everyone!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news! I am happy for you both. :D

Yellow fungus is a horrible disease & almost impossible to beat if it progresses too far.
Let us know how things are going & how his fecal turns out. I'm glad he has a great appetite
also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom