Looking for silkworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I emailed coastal suppliers and all they have is small and they were spendy---- I may just haft to keep w/ the hornworms and butterworms---
thanks
Karrie

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Coastal Silkworms is where I get eggs when I need them. Its the cheapest way to go. You just have to watch the site. They usually always have small in stock and if you keep an eye out medium and large go up and sell quickly. Right now until winter is the best time of year to get them. Reason being is you can get mulberry leaves right now either by foraging them, which equals free food/gut load, or you can get them on ebay for a reasonable price. Some other places to check are TC Insects and The Silkworm Shop. The Silkworm shop has all sizes available right now. If you are in Houston by off chance I have an overabundance of them right now......especially large ones.....

Kyle

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Even dubiaroaches.com and rainbow mealworms offer silks this time of year. Just something to keep in mind as sometimes its cheaper to tack on to a larger order of bugs so you aren't just paying shipping for silkworms. That's what usually makes them expensive.

Kyle

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have ordered from dubiaroaches.com before or I was havent for a while - I was just on the website here not long ago and didnt see any- I will check again
thanks Karrie

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Yeah I just noticed they added them on there the other day when I ordered roaches. They are on the expensive side in my opinion, but they do have them nonetheless. My thought though was since they have flat rate shipping and if you were ordering roaches, butterworms, hornworms, etc. sometimes that ends up being cheaper. I know some of the places that specialize in silkworms have very high shipping costs.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom