Critique new enclosure please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good for you --- your conscious got the best of you--- hope something is done - I was thinking of getting the name of the school from you and location and I was going to turn them in- find a local rescue place and give them a location etc..............
Karrie

HoopDiddyDiddy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":21vx1w91 said:
I was thinking of getting the name of the school from you and location and I was going to turn them in- find a local rescue place and give them a location etc..............
I'd be happy to tell you but the teacher refuses to let it go.
As I mentioned he was promised to us last February and husband has been taking salads every day (even going in on his days off) as well as cleaning out the 100 crickets she dumps in once every two weeks and leaves hopping all over him. When she said no he even had a wad of cash ready to flash at her and she still refused.
Very infuriating.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The dragon needs to be confiscated by the rescue people -- they can come in and take it since she is not caring for it properly
Karrie

HoopDiddyDiddy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1il8a1sl said:
The dragon needs to be confiscated by the rescue people -- they can come in and take it since she is not caring for it properly
Karrie
How is that legal minus due process?
And how could I then get hold of it?
Husband would get fired for sure if we cause that amount of drama. Much as I hate what's happening I'm not risking his job.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you are taking an active interest in helping out a dragon, that's quite important. Unfortunately (in the US anyway) the law treats them as property so they can't just be confiscated. I advise against any such actions (although I completely understand it). I think the best you can do is try to provide as much care info as possible and perhaps provide good lighting, other equipment, and healthy food and hope it gets put to good use.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Sounds to me like that teacher is taking advantage of the free labor provided by your husband. But there's no good answer for that since stopping it would leave the beardie in the non-care of the teacher :-(

HoopDiddyDiddy

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1bbg24f8 said:
I think the best you can do is try to provide as much care info as possible and perhaps provide good lighting, other equipment, and healthy food and hope it gets put to good use.
Sadly I am not in the financial position to donate an entire habitat to a teacher who doesn't give a crap. If she was trying or even seemed like she halfway cared I would of course help all I could. I could not really afford all the stuff I bought when we thought we were getting him and I'll be jiggered if I'm giving it to HER.
He'll keep feeding and cleaning but I have to draw a line somewhere and buying equipment is my line.
It's simply a sucky situation.

HoopDiddyDiddy

Original Poster
For closure- the classroom dragon has been removed from the school premises. Presumably the teacher took him home where hopefully there are family members who are better at caring for an animal than she has been.

I wish him the best.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for the update. I also hope that he has found his way to a good place where he is well cared for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom