Veggie/fruit list of what's OK to feed rarely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Beardie is 6 months old and i'm trying to find out what he likes and what he doesn't like. I'm feeding him watercress and rocket salad as a staple, completely avoiding anything red and leafy. Today I tried him with a small chunk of my breakfast banana and he really enjoyed it, I'm certain because he gave me the dirtiest look when I continues eating it without giving him some more, but I know that the phosphorus can be dangerous if he gets too much. I tried him with bell pepper and grapes a while back to see if he liked them, but no, completely left them alone and just ate his rocket. Anything else I can safely try him with I should know of as a treat?

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
I usually refer to this list when I am at the store looking for stuff in the produce aisle to feed my boys. I find it to be a good reference point

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Hope that helps. I try to stay in the feed occasionally area for treats and never give those to my guys more than once a week. Some of the stuff is certainly debatable, but its a lot to remember and I find that as a good start.

Kyle

WreckWrack

Original Poster
kmwilson042182":1zds7p8v said:
I usually refer to this list when I am at the store looking for stuff in the produce aisle to feed my boys. I find it to be a good reference point

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Hope that helps. I try to stay in the feed occasionally area for treats and never give those to my guys more than once a week. Some of the stuff is certainly debatable, but its a lot to remember and I find that as a good start.

Kyle

Thank you, that's quite a helpful list, makes it easier instead of searching everything up individually.

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
They are all different, but I have a little one that will come at you for a pear and my adult goes nuts over cilantro. My adult also likes kiwi a lot, but I rarely give him that (maybe a tiny bit once a month) because it tends to be acidic.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom