Veggie/fruit list of what's OK to feed rarely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Beardie is 6 months old and i'm trying to find out what he likes and what he doesn't like. I'm feeding him watercress and rocket salad as a staple, completely avoiding anything red and leafy. Today I tried him with a small chunk of my breakfast banana and he really enjoyed it, I'm certain because he gave me the dirtiest look when I continues eating it without giving him some more, but I know that the phosphorus can be dangerous if he gets too much. I tried him with bell pepper and grapes a while back to see if he liked them, but no, completely left them alone and just ate his rocket. Anything else I can safely try him with I should know of as a treat?

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
I usually refer to this list when I am at the store looking for stuff in the produce aisle to feed my boys. I find it to be a good reference point

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Hope that helps. I try to stay in the feed occasionally area for treats and never give those to my guys more than once a week. Some of the stuff is certainly debatable, but its a lot to remember and I find that as a good start.

Kyle

WreckWrack

Original Poster
kmwilson042182":1zds7p8v said:
I usually refer to this list when I am at the store looking for stuff in the produce aisle to feed my boys. I find it to be a good reference point

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Hope that helps. I try to stay in the feed occasionally area for treats and never give those to my guys more than once a week. Some of the stuff is certainly debatable, but its a lot to remember and I find that as a good start.

Kyle

Thank you, that's quite a helpful list, makes it easier instead of searching everything up individually.

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
They are all different, but I have a little one that will come at you for a pear and my adult goes nuts over cilantro. My adult also likes kiwi a lot, but I rarely give him that (maybe a tiny bit once a month) because it tends to be acidic.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom