I think my beardie has yellow fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 5 weeks ago i gave my beardie honey weekly to help him poop and when yellow scales starting showing up on his beard i thought it was dripped/dried honey and ignored it. I looked it up out of curiosity and found out about yellow fungus. Hes not a year yet and it appears to have stayed on his belly and beard. Help me identify if thats what it was or if its something else. Its only yellow like a honey shade of color. Not brown or black.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go to top of the page in the banner click on user image uploader- down load pics- go to reply and on top of message box click on XIMG - pics should post
Karrie

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2guuqov5 said:
Go to top of the page in the banner click on user image uploader- down load pics- go to reply and on top of message box click on XIMG - pics should post
Karrie
My dad wants to get the equate version of lamisil because its cheaper and has the same stuff. Should i or not

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should post a picture first before applying anything to your dragon.

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":mmm59lf0 said:
You should post a picture first before applying anything to your dragon.

-Brandon
I couldnt find the banner and his lights are off (hes sleeping), i put it on him.Im over 100% sure that he has it.If you could screen record how to upload a pic id really appreciate it. Im new to the forum and dont know how to work it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can upload a picture to any image hosting website and post it here. Or at the top of this website is a link that says user image uploader and use that.

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
101675-1875501294.jpg
i will get underbelly pics in the morning and also a better beard photo. This is the only pic i currently have where you can remotelly see it (upper beard) zoom in. YEllow/brown specs. There are more at different angles

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do see the discoloring but it doesn't look like yellow fungus to me. Better pictures tomorrow will help say for sure. So when you can get them, it will help. Im more inclined to believe it's just some of the honey you gave that had stuck and now collected dirt/grime.

Yellow fungus usually involves a crusting of the scales and area, not just discoloration.
Such as this:
31715-7502811104.jpg

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
I have pictures but i dont know how to download, im on mobile so it might be a different way to do it. I could give you guys very good looks at them but only if i can download them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm it looks questionable to me. If it wasnt for what you said about the honey I probably wouldn't be second guessing it. Have you tried a warm soak to see what happens to the areas? Honey would start coming off in a warm soak.

-Brandon

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":3qzvwkry said:
Hmm it looks questionable to me. If it wasnt for what you said about the honey I probably wouldn't be second guessing it. Have you tried a warm soak to see what happens to the areas? Honey would start coming off in a warm soak.

-Brandon
Hes had atleast 20 baths since this started showing up. I was oblivious to what it was until yesterday I decided to look up "yellow spots on beardie" and found out about the fungus. Its really crusty and i dont think its honey because it in areas where dripped down honey couldnt have gone easily.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm on my computer and can see the pictures a bit more clearly.
Well if you've tried so many baths with no change then your suspicions are most likely correct. And now that I can see them better I'd agree.

How did the lamisil go yesterday? It's suitable for treating the fungus but it can take awhile. Are you able to get into a vet? They would be able to take a scrape sample and identify the fungus.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom