How do I get my beardie more comfortable with being held?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have an about 5 month old bearded dragon and I just need some advice. Whenever I try to hold him, he runs away. Eventually he calms down and I can pick him up, but in the process of chasing him so I can pick him up, whenever I get a grasp on him he wriggles our my hand. He is getting a bit more comfortable with me holding him, but I feel like it’s the same thing every time. Does anyone have any advice for me?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long have you had him? What kind of lighting do you have in your tank? UVB will play a role in their behavior- you can put a shirt blanket sock etc or some soft fleece w/ your smell on it in his hide- he will become used to you- post pics of your tank please- to to banner at top of page and click on user image downloader - down load pics - click on reply - at top of message box click on XIMG and pics should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom