Loss of color and scales, very sick beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby has been sick for almost a month now. It all started with her not eating. Next we notices swelling on her neck and on either side of her spine in the shoulder area. Then she started to lose color where the swelling was and individual scales. She lost quite a bit of weight (about 30g in 2 weeks) and now she passes blood after her stools. We have tried topical treatment of chlorihexidine for the discolored area as well as terbinafine and aloe with no change. We have also used ponazuril for the coccidia that was found in her fecal sample taken to vet. We are also going to try a round of panacur as we believe the blood in stool is being caused by hookworms found in home fecal tests. Reptisun 10.0 uvb, 105° basking spot, 80° cool side, tile substrate. Dubia main feeder with various others for variety, mixed greens and veggies. Currently only feeding on force fed slurry of oraganic baby food mixed with omnivore supplement mixed with a little bee pollen and milk thistle extract. Any outside experience on what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your girl isn't doing well.
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation, the
temperatures, etc. Tile is fine for the substrate for her, it's easy to keep clean.
How old is she? The Panacur should take care of any hookworms in her stool. Her diet sounds
pretty good, overall. Does she eat her greens often?
The Reptisun 10 UVB, is that the long tube bulb or the compact/coil light?
The loss of color on the scales look like she is going to shed those area. How long has that area
looked whitish in color?
If you can post a picture of her tank setup too, so we can see the lighting arrangement & placement
that would help a lot, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom