Worried my bearded is getting too skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
I just looked at petsmart and they said they don't carry those lights anymore so I'm looking on Amazon now. I do have other pets, along with kids that come over to get babysat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His bugs should be dusted 5 x per week ---- both feedings- you can lightly coat them they dont need to look like a doughnut---- vitamins 2 x per week -- but he does need that calcium---
Karrie

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
I'm starting to wonder if my little guy has gout not mbd. He's showing more signs of having gout. I unfortunately do not have any vets that take bearded dragons in my town. I have bought a light and he's had it for a while now and has been getting calcium regularly but is showing no signs of improvement. I hate to see him in pain, I don't know what to do. I've been giving him water by bathing him and syringe but he hates the Syringe and won't drink from it. He's been eating about 6-8 crickets but won't eat anymore than that. His temp on the hot side is 102 and cool side is about 80-85. He tries to move around but I can tell he's in a lot of pain. He's only 3 months old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please PM Tracie Drache613 tonite ----or AHBD --- if he is pain that is terrible and I know first hand how it feels as I am diabetic and have gotten gout before ---- please get a hold of one of them and ask them - I would send pics of him to both of them so they can look at him to see if it is gout
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry that he's not improving. :( It's still much more likely to be MBD than gout. Good that you got the new uvb bulb, how long has he had it now and can you post a picture of the set up ? He is probably still sick because of not getting sufficient uvb soon enough and being in a taller tank he can't get close to the uvb . You can try a " hospital " set up like this with uvb across an open top low sided plastic tote .
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29889/full

This allows a baby to get unobstructed uvb and easy access climbing areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom