I’m worried about my new baby bearded dragon

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: I’m worried about my new baby bearded dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:06 am

I would syringe feed him and keep him hydrated and warm--
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Krystencastillo9807 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:08 am

KarrieRee wrote:I would syringe feed him and keep him hydrated and warm--
Karrie

Thank you I will try and hopefully he will get better
Krystencastillo9807
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 am

Exo Terra bulbs? What did you get for a UVB it is very important on this?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:38 am

Is VERY important with very small young hatchlings that they get nutritious food (insects) multiple times per day or the equivalent , unlike adult dragons , hatchlings have literally zero fat reserves
If the local pet shop is still open buy a 1 ml syringe and a nozzle , and a bottle of VetaFarm HerpaBoost or VetaFarm Crittacare Reptile OR EQUIVALENT ( Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is very good ).
See this for required kit and tips for giving liquid food substitutes and oral meds to reptiles :
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687
You will need to weigh the dragon , as the daily dosage is determined by body mass - several small feeds is going to be much easier to get into the dragon using a syringe (by mouth) and will not be as hard for it's potentially compromised kidneys to handle. this was posted by kingofnobbies---
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Krystencastillo9807 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 am

KarrieRee wrote:Exo Terra bulbs? What did you get for a UVB it is very important on this?
Karrie

This is the bulb I got. I tried asking in the store if this would be good for him considering his tank size and everything and they said it should be good. [Click image to enlarge]

Should I not trust that it is “all in one” I have an extra UVB bulb if needed
Krystencastillo9807
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Krystencastillo9807 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 am

I tried blending crickets, waxworms, calci worms, veggies and fruit, and water last night because it was all I could do at a late hour and I dripped in on his mouth and he has been eating small amounts of it. He also just now used the bathroom for the second time
Krystencastillo9807
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 am

Please take it back and get a Reptison 10.0 T 8 bulb tube ---- the all in one I would not trust----- place it 8-10 inches from him ---- do this today--- you need a basking bulb it you dont have one-- the stuff your feeding him is good keep feeding him in small amounts 3 times a day - the UVB will make a difference in his behavior but its crucial that he gets this --- the warm temps as well 106-110 would be good -
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Krystencastillo9807 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 am

KarrieRee wrote:Please take it back and get a Reptison 10.0 T 8 bulb tube ---- the all in one I would not trust----- place it 8-10 inches from him ---- do this today--- you need a basking bulb it you dont have one-- the stuff your feeding him is good keep feeding him in small amounts 3 times a day - the UVB will make a difference in his behavior but its crucial that he gets this --- the warm temps as well 106-110 would be good -
Karrie

Okay thank you I will make sure I get the bulb today is there any certain wattage I should get?
Krystencastillo9807
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 8:28 am

I am not sure of wattage make sure it's a 10.0 bulb it will go into a regular hood fixture make sure the cover is off don't put it back on you want the bulb exposed for Max effect of bulb it will be a T 8
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health