I’m worried about my new baby bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Exo Terra bulbs? What did you get for a UVB it is very important on this?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is VERY important with very small young hatchlings that they get nutritious food (insects) multiple times per day or the equivalent , unlike adult dragons , hatchlings have literally zero fat reserves
If the local pet shop is still open buy a 1 ml syringe and a nozzle , and a bottle of VetaFarm HerpaBoost or VetaFarm Crittacare Reptile OR EQUIVALENT ( Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is very good ).
See this for required kit and tips for giving liquid food substitutes and oral meds to reptiles :
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687
You will need to weigh the dragon , as the daily dosage is determined by body mass - several small feeds is going to be much easier to get into the dragon using a syringe (by mouth) and will not be as hard for it's potentially compromised kidneys to handle. this was posted by kingofnobbies---
Karrie

Krystencastillo9807

Original Poster
KarrieRee":sgh1rqy0 said:
Exo Terra bulbs? What did you get for a UVB it is very important on this?
Karrie

This is the bulb I got. I tried asking in the store if this would be good for him considering his tank size and everything and they said it should be good.
104576-6798920585.jpg

Should I not trust that it is “all in one” I have an extra UVB bulb if needed

Krystencastillo9807

Original Poster
I tried blending crickets, waxworms, calci worms, veggies and fruit, and water last night because it was all I could do at a late hour and I dripped in on his mouth and he has been eating small amounts of it. He also just now used the bathroom for the second time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please take it back and get a Reptison 10.0 T 8 bulb tube ---- the all in one I would not trust----- place it 8-10 inches from him ---- do this today--- you need a basking bulb it you dont have one-- the stuff your feeding him is good keep feeding him in small amounts 3 times a day - the UVB will make a difference in his behavior but its crucial that he gets this --- the warm temps as well 106-110 would be good -
Karrie

Krystencastillo9807

Original Poster
KarrieRee":d5fg27zt said:
Please take it back and get a Reptison 10.0 T 8 bulb tube ---- the all in one I would not trust----- place it 8-10 inches from him ---- do this today--- you need a basking bulb it you dont have one-- the stuff your feeding him is good keep feeding him in small amounts 3 times a day - the UVB will make a difference in his behavior but its crucial that he gets this --- the warm temps as well 106-110 would be good -
Karrie

Okay thank you I will make sure I get the bulb today is there any certain wattage I should get?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure of wattage make sure it's a 10.0 bulb it will go into a regular hood fixture make sure the cover is off don't put it back on you want the bulb exposed for Max effect of bulb it will be a T 8
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom