Do I just have a petite adult beardie? Pics included

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Just want to make sure he is healthy and everything.
He is about a year and 8 months, 17 inches from head to tail, and weighs ~310g. Doesn't look thin, nor fat, he has a good chubby body (I think). Recently he has switched from eating bugs almost daily, to eating mostly veggies.

I'v been reading that a lot of beardies here that are over one year old being 400+ grams.

Or do all these sound right to you guys?

Here is my dude:
93594-345059969.jpg
93594-8607158321.jpg
93594-5463984222.jpg
93594-1108953553.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he looks good + healthy . :) Keep in mind that bigger is not always better/healthier. Many times humans are actually healthier + live longer in cultures where they are smaller [ like many Asians ]

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed. Your guy looks healthy and that's all that matters. Too many owners get over consumed by growth and weight that they forget the only thing that matters is good health! :)

-Brandon

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys!

Makes me feel a a lot better :)Not that I was worried or anything, just seeing a lot of beardie pictures and descriptions in this website of alot of BIG beardies :lol: (some even over 700 grams!! :shock: )

But yeah, he stopped growing a while ago, at 17 inches, so he is indeed on the small side of adult size. But as long as he is healthy :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom