Beardie shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewG

Anyone have suggestions on why my beardie shakes when I hold her? Almost like a shiver, anytime I move while holding her she will do this. Sometimes she even kicks all four libs out and shakes like she’s free falling but she’s fully supported while doing this. I’ve never taken her to the vet but she appears to be in perfect health, has big poops regularly everyday, eats great and moves around with no problem. She’s roughly 6 months old and I’ve had her since February. And help would be greatly appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She only does this while being held? My first guess is that she feels unstable for some reason. If she's fully supported, this shouldn't be the case though. Perhaps she isn't fully comfortable being held yet (she is still fairly young so this may change). If she is shaking at other times as well, she could have a calcium level problem or possibly atadenovirus.

DrewG

Original Poster
Yeah her belly will be resting in my palm so she’s 100% supported. She will puff her beard every time I pick her up but once I rub it a bit it will go down and she seems fine. She definitely doesn’t like to be handled and she doesn’t like water. She seems to be very scared of me but at the same time she will eat everything from my hand? I don’t think she has adv because she is completely normal in her 5foot enclosure, she basks, climbs and eats fine has the proper healthy stance a beardie should have. She has Arcadia t8 for uvb and a nice basking bulb with temps varying from the 100’s to the high 70’s she also will not go inside a hide (like she’s scared to go inside it).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK it sounds like she just doesn't like handling which is OK for now. How far above her basking area is her T8? Does the fixture have a reflector? Those should be around 6-8'' away from the main basking spot with a reflector for best results. If she doesn't like water, that's OK too. Just avoid baths unless she really needs it (stinky, runs through poop etc). Keep hand feeding her treats. That usually helps build a bond but it can take time. The degree to which they bond with us varies between them, but they usually at least get used to us and don't see us as scary after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom