Moving Internationally

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicrocker1992

My wife and I may be moving to Cambodia within the year for work. My question is how do we take our Bearded Dragon with us. Consistently I have seen that we need to call the airline, but I haven't found anything consistent. Does anybody know of any good resources, or personal experience moving a bearded dragon from the United States to South East Asia; or anywhere for that matter.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't have any experience directly with taking a bearded dragon outside of the US.
It is correct though, that you will need to contact the airlines regarding what their rules &
regulations are. They do vary in their policies & I'm not sure which ones allow reptiles, etc.
There are a couple of dedicated airlines that just fly animals. I can try to dig up the websites
for you & post back for you.
Another thing is that you will need to contact the Ambassador or Embassy of the country you
are moving to & request paperwork for importing your reptile. They can answer other questions
for you such as quarantining, fees, etc to import. Since bearded dragons are not on the CITES
list meaning they are not an endangered species, you will have a very good chance of being
able to bring your reptile into Cambodia.
I highly recommend having all pertinent papers, documentation, permits, fees, etc taken care of
before you get to the airport so you wont have any problems or complications.

I hope this helps some.
Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Another couple of things to look into are :
>>> licencing to keep reptiles as pets in Cambodia (may need to get a permit to keep one or more as house hold pets in Cambodia
>>> are bearded dragons regarded as an invasive species in Cambodia ? this might make getting an import permit hard.
>>> commercial feeder insect availability in Cambodia in the area you will be living.
>>> will the landlord allow you to keep pet reptiles and feeder insects in the unit or house you will be renting ?
>>> possibility of setting up an outdoor bearded dragon pit / cage for during the dry season.

Route the flights will be taking from USA to Cambodia , if they are via Australia or NZ , you will have problems with customs ( imports of reptiles from overseas is strictly prohibited ).

toxicrocker1992

Original Poster
Awesome, Thank you all so much. I will start digging into these things. As far as the airlines that do just reptiles, if i could get those links as a starting point that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom