Beardie always wants to be in basking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grackt

So my baby beardie (2 1/2 months) eats about 20-35 dubia everyday and about 5 black soldier fly larvae. The thing is he never really seems interested in the food unless it runs right in front of him. If he gets moved from his basking spot he always just wants to go right back to his basking spot. He will not chase his food and is very lazy. The thing he poops atleast 2-3 times a day... is this normal? What can I do to get more interested in his food?
Edit: I’ve had him for almost 2 weeks now... is he still just settling in?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is his basking spot temp and how are you taking it? Is he under his UVB at all? He is probably going thru relocation stress which is normal and yes it's normal for 2-3 poops-- put a soft piece of cloth like fleece etc in his hide something w/ your smell and he will get used to you-- he should have a basking temp of 105-110 for babies
Karrie

Grackt

Original Poster
Basking spot is 105-110!! Taking it with a temp gun about 2-4 inches away. He’s also offered a salad with some black soldier fly larvae in it every morning!!! I’m gonna head out and get him some driftwood so he can get closer to the uvb tube.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good is it a T5 or T8? And where is it ? On top of screen or inside tank?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tube should be 8-10 inches from basking spot-- sounds like he's going thru relocation stress - try some dubia roaches-- the blow fly larvea are good - his main diet is bugs tho for now-- seems he needs the basking area+ they will move to what light they need- be patient-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom