Bearded dragon suddenly not eating, and acting very lethargi

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Bearded dragon suddenly not eating, and acting very leth

Postby KarrieRee » Fri May 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Ok--- you can try lowering bulb or raising basking spot and see if that makes a difference in behavior - you never know- 8-10 for T8's
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby UtaGhoull » Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Ok--- you can try lowering bulb or raising basking spot and see if that makes a difference in behavior - you never know- 8-10 for T8's
Karrie

Yeah, I just moved it to 9 inches away to see if that’ll help. His basking light is as far up as it’ll go on the stand I have.

I just tried to feed him again, he’s refusing it again.

I gave him a bath about 20 minutes ago, and he had a poo it was nicely formed. No runny parts. There was some brown on the urate though.
UtaGhoull
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri May 24, 2019 1:04 pm

What about smell? I guess parasites can cause horrid smell enough to clear a room-- see what the UVB does for him over the next few days and if his eating doesn't improve I guess get him in for a check up and fecal-- just to rule out parasites
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby UtaGhoull » Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 pm

KarrieRee wrote:What about smell? I guess parasites can cause horrid smell enough to clear a room-- see what the UVB does for him over the next few days and if his eating doesn't improve I guess get him in for a check up and fecal-- just to rule out parasites
Karrie

No smell on this poo.
I’ll watch him, but I’ll still take him Tuesday just to make sure.

Just want the best for him.

Is there anything that I could possibly give him that he might take that’ll provide some nutrients? Or anything I could mix his calcium into?
UtaGhoull
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri May 24, 2019 1:17 pm

There is stuff you can buy at the petstores like repeshy or repti boost-- that would provide nutrients- I would ask one of the others on board like ABHD cooperdragon or traciedrache613 or claudusx brandon-- they could give better advice on that question
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health