When do suicide jumps stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

My guy is always ready to jump off my hand right onto the floor or off the bed no matter the hieght. When do they stop this? I take him out every day. I figure when there older they understand it hurts

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Never.

The best approach is to keep them well supported and make sure leaps or falls from any dangerous height onto any hard unforgiving surfaces (like uncarpeted floors, tiled floors, lino covered floors, concrete, and bare sand or bare earth) are prevented.

Cor

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3av5sh1s said:
Never.

The best approach is to keep them well supported and make sure leaps or falls from any dangerous height onto any hard unforgiving surfaces (like uncarpeted floors, tiled floors, lino covered floors, concrete, and bare sand or bare earth) are prevented.
Yes, I do the infinity staircase with him, or a hand wall when it gets too close. My reaction time is incredibly quick, he hasn't fallen yet, but danm sure does he try. I am looking forward to the time when he stops trying. It's stressful. I always support his body legs even as much of his tail as I can. But he loves to just randomly turn and try to jump no matter height

rking02

Cor":1uozndsw said:
My guy is always ready to jump off my hand right onto the floor or off the bed no matter the hieght. When do they stop this? I take him out every day. I figure when there older they understand it hurts

I read the title and died laughing. Mine will do the same thing no matter how far the drop is. I guess that's just how it is with them! :D

rking02

Cor":3bb3d861 said:
rking02":3bb3d861 said:
Cor":3bb3d861 said:
? how old is yours

Mine is only two months old haha

So cute! Mine is over 4 and still jumps ? yours looks just like mine stress marks and all.

Is that what it means when they get those dark lines? He doesn’t seem to do it much anymore, only really when I first got him.

Cor

Original Poster
rking02":1hkao1aq said:
Cor":1hkao1aq said:
rking02":1hkao1aq said:
Cor":1hkao1aq said:
? how old is yours

Mine is only two months old haha

So cute! Mine is over 4 and still jumps ? yours looks just like mine stress marks and all.

Is that what it means when they get those dark lines? He doesn’t seem to do it much anymore, only really when I first got him.
Yeah supposed to what it means. Mine has them all day it stresses me out

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
At two months old, mine would take dives off her basking log into the glass or onto something else. As she grew, she stopped that... but will still jump off me, chairs, couch, bed, etc if no one's preventing her. She's been to the vet once when I wasnt careful enough, ended up being one of the healthiest he's seen some how o.o

Cor

Original Poster
Deabrua":3u8wc35q said:
At two months old, mine would take dives off her basking log into the glass or onto something else. As she grew, she stopped that... but will still jump off me, chairs, couch, bed, etc if no one's preventing her. She's been to the vet once when I wasnt careful enough, ended up being one of the healthiest he's seen some how o.o
Everyone always says that, I wonder if vets just say that lol. So yours never stopped jumping off you ? **** lol. Mine did take a pretty big leap out of my hands onto hard floor, and has calmed down on the jumping since. He still runs tho

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Probably, but everything still checked out so I wont question it lol ... Mine is going to be 10 months on june 25th. She'll sleep on me later in the day, past 7-8 or so maybe. Otherwise its run run run, and if theres a distance to the floor she doesnt care.

Cor

Original Poster
Deabrua":2bagz8mw said:
Probably, but everything still checked out so I wont question it lol ... Mine is going to be 10 months on june 25th. She'll sleep on me later in the day, past 7-8 or so maybe. Otherwise its run run run, and if theres a distance to the floor she doesnt care.

Ok she's relatively young there's still hope

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kingofnobbys is a vet here, cared for many dragons, he said they never stop. There's no hope.

Also, dark stomach lines... stress marks. Common after relocation. Mine still occasionally gets it while basking.

Cor

Original Poster
Deabrua":p1zontf8 said:
Kingofnobbys is a vet here, cared for many dragons, he said they never stop. There's no hope.

Also, dark stomach lines... stress marks. Common after relocation. Mine still occasionally gets it while basking.
Mine is stress marks like all the time poor guy I did everything I could think of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom