Leaving beardie!! Need advice

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Leaving beardie!! Need advice

Postby Lexylexyy » Thu May 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi! So next month, I need to leave for about 2 days. I’ll be leaving in the morning at 9AM, and won’t come back until the next day around 5PM!

I don’t have anyone here to take care of him, and my roommate is scared of bugs and tbh I don’t really have a good relationship with my roommate :(

I plan on feeding him before I leave that morning, but would it be okay if he just stays under his light until I come back?! I don’t know what to do!! I don’t have the automatic timer To turn on or off. I can leave him a bowl of veggies and water and he’s about 4 months old only. Please any advice would be great!
Lexylexyy
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Leaving beardie!! Need advice

Postby claudiusx » Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Since you have a month to prepare I'd strongly suggest saving up and buying a timer. You should be able to get one for less than 20 bucks easily.

If you have a timer he will be perfectly fine without food for the day or two until you're back :)

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Lexylexyy » Thu May 23, 2019 4:16 pm

claudiusx wrote:Since you have a month to prepare I'd strongly suggest saving up and buying a timer. You should be able to get one for less than 20 bucks easily.

If you have a timer he will be perfectly fine without food for the day or two until you're back :)

-Brandon

Okay sounds great!! Should I leave him a water bowl?
Lexylexyy
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Not if you don't normally. And actually if you do normally I'd probably remove it just since you won't be there to clean it out.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Lexylexyy » Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm

claudiusx wrote:Not if you don't normally. And actually if you do normally I'd probably remove it just since you won't be there to clean it out.

-Brandon

Sounds great. Thank you again Brandon!!
Lexylexyy
Hatchling Poster

Postby ncc74656 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:08 pm

ive left my beardie for a week before. i have a cam setup so i was able to see what she was up to - she came and went from her tank, walked to her food/water around the house, and spent a fair amount of time jumping between windows to watch the birds outside. she slept in a different spot every night and every day made her way to food. they are pretty good at being independent.
ncc74656
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion