Leaving beardie!! Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi! So next month, I need to leave for about 2 days. I’ll be leaving in the morning at 9AM, and won’t come back until the next day around 5PM!

I don’t have anyone here to take care of him, and my roommate is scared of bugs and tbh I don’t really have a good relationship with my roommate :(

I plan on feeding him before I leave that morning, but would it be okay if he just stays under his light until I come back?! I don’t know what to do!! I don’t have the automatic timer To turn on or off. I can leave him a bowl of veggies and water and he’s about 4 months old only. Please any advice would be great!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since you have a month to prepare I'd strongly suggest saving up and buying a timer. You should be able to get one for less than 20 bucks easily.

If you have a timer he will be perfectly fine without food for the day or two until you're back :)

-Brandon

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":23trawzc said:
Since you have a month to prepare I'd strongly suggest saving up and buying a timer. You should be able to get one for less than 20 bucks easily.

If you have a timer he will be perfectly fine without food for the day or two until you're back :)

-Brandon

Okay sounds great!! Should I leave him a water bowl?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not if you don't normally. And actually if you do normally I'd probably remove it just since you won't be there to clean it out.

-Brandon

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":ttolxv7u said:
Not if you don't normally. And actually if you do normally I'd probably remove it just since you won't be there to clean it out.

-Brandon

Sounds great. Thank you again Brandon!!

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
ive left my beardie for a week before. i have a cam setup so i was able to see what she was up to - she came and went from her tank, walked to her food/water around the house, and spent a fair amount of time jumping between windows to watch the birds outside. she slept in a different spot every night and every day made her way to food. they are pretty good at being independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom