High blood calcium Reversible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevada1233

My big girl at 550 grams, 3 years old(4 in July) has had blood work done. Today i got the results-
high calcium count at 52 when normal is supposed to be 27
her uric acids are slightly elavated along with blood glucose. They suggested she might have kidney failure or a tumor, yet she shows no signs?
Cage set up-
Tube UVB Reptisun 10.0 T8 bulb
heat lamp of 100 for basking 80’s for cool side.
Substrate is tile
She’s laid 5 clutches of eggs and my previous vet told me to up her calcium intake, of course i had calcium withD3 not knowing the consequences nor informed.
She eats on her own, she’s gained weight since laying, i have to force feed water but she’s always been stubborn with water intake. Not lethargic, gladly will run to her favorite spot by the back door.
I was curious if there was any sort of reversing this or is she too far gone?
The vet told me to stop calcium dusting and attempt to lower it, if not she has a few weeks to live...
He gave me no other treatment options or any other idea of what to do.
She’s my big baby and i am willing to do a lot to make sure she’s as healthy as can be meanwhile not taking away from her quality of life...

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hi there. So sorry to hear about your baby girl. They are just the most precious things and I cannot imagine all the stress you are going through. I suggest PM'ing our vet moderator, Tracie. Her site name is Drache613 and I believe she may help steer you in right direction. She's helped alleviate my stress and worries when it came to my little girl. I hope you can figure out how to help your beloved!

Rootin' for you two!

-Vanessa

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I had forgotten to mention in our PM's that you could give some calcium binding agents
to help naturally lower her calcium. Try giving a greens blend of parsley, cilantro, kale,
mint & maybe some activated charcoal, daily for a bit to see if that helps.
How is she doing today, is she still active & basking?
How far is the Reptisun 10 T8 tube bulb from her & is it on top of or underneath of the screen
top?
Do you have any pictures of her we could see, along with her tank setup?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom