Vet visit. Doing much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone-

Wanted to do an update on my guy Ragnar. It's been a long road!

Backstory: have had him for five weeks. He was really struggling with eating. Sometimes none a day, sometimes 5-9 crickets a day. Also posted in behavior about stargazing trouble. I really believed we were going to lose him.

Took him to the vet this past Saturday and had a fecal done. Came back positive for coccidia. The vet gave him some meds there and told us to come back in two weeks for a retest. Been cleaning with ammonia dilution like a mad woman this week.

Since then, his aappetite has surged! He just got done polishing off 30 crickets for his lunchtime feed! I'm so excited. His colors are brighter and he us way more active and alert. I feel like I can start to relax with him. He's grown half an inch since saturday, and I'm grabbing a scale tomorrow as well.

He has exhibited zero neurological symptoms this past week. I've been working with Tracie through email the past few weeks. She, along with this website have been an amazing resource, and an truly thankful for all of it. I will be sending out a swab tomorrow for ADV testing. Fingers crossed that it comes back negative!

I just wanted to share the happy news with everybody about him so far. I think we're gonna be okay. Advice to anyone with a new baby from a chain store: go ahead and get a vet check! Completely worth it

Picture of him in his feeding tank. Belly touching the cave. He was paper thin. No more!
104131-756265154.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Jess

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So glad hes doing much better -- hope this road continues for him -- keep us posted
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom