Leaving for three days

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Leaving for three days

Postby KarrieRee » Tue May 21, 2019 9:03 am

Take the lid off and straddle the UVB over it whichever way fits best-- do you have a clamp to hook to side of tote for basking light
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am

Yes I have a clamp for the basking light.
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 am

Ok so you will need to adjust lamp over his basking spot in tote and get a temp-- you will haft to play w/ height to get correct temp- that is why I said you need a heat gun-
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm

im going to try to get a heat gun soon. my dad tried to cut through the plastic and put mesh on it, and then the lid shatterd, i have an extra lid but how in the world do you cut through the plastic
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 pm

You shouldn't need the lid unless the decor he sits on is high enough for him to climb out--- like the basking log etc-- keep the lid off if you can - if your going to need it does your dad have a miter saw something like that he could cut middle out? Then use a glue to put screen on-- let the lid sit so glue smell disapates but try using tote w/out lid first--- maybe some others on here could chime in on this
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Tue May 21, 2019 2:50 pm

no he does not have a miter saw, we tried a saw but it kinda shatterd a little bit. blitz is an escape artist, i had a tote for him when he was little and i got the lid off and when i was gone he jumped out, luckily my grandma put him back in the cage. so im scared that he will jump out again
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 pm

I want you to Private message claudiusx (Brandon) - Cooper Dragon-- and king of Knobies -- ask them how to fix this tote you have and what you need to do w/ it --- they all have experience in making enclosures -- you can find their names on the boards click on PM and see what they have to say
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 am

Moon4wolfgirl wrote:no he does not have a miter saw, we tried a saw but it kinda shatterd a little bit. blitz is an escape artist, i had a tote for him when he was little and i got the lid off and when i was gone he jumped out, luckily my grandma put him back in the cage. so im scared that he will jump out again

A soldering iron will make holes with out shattering plastic , if the plastic is already brittle , don't use the tub as it's lost it's structure strength , likely due to exposure to the sun.

Buy a new tote (they are very cheap).

Ventiliation for when dragon in tub with lid on (no holes in lid) I do 50 holes near the top of one end with a soldering iron, and 50 holes near the bottom of the opposite end (about 2" off the bottom) to provide air exchange.

To cut a hole in the lid , if you must , a fine electric soldering iron will do the job, just set up a rectangular or square or round guider of some kind, and let the iron melt a hole and then slowly follow the guide to make a hole of the chosen shape.
A Dremel with cutter / router bit will do the job too.
I wouldn't use a jigsaw or hacksaw on this kind of plastic.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 am

Ok thank you, I've been very stressed out lately because I didn't know what to do for the travel cage.
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion