Leaving for three days

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Take the lid off and straddle the UVB over it whichever way fits best-- do you have a clamp to hook to side of tote for basking light
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you will need to adjust lamp over his basking spot in tote and get a temp-- you will haft to play w/ height to get correct temp- that is why I said you need a heat gun-
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im going to try to get a heat gun soon. my dad tried to cut through the plastic and put mesh on it, and then the lid shatterd, i have an extra lid but how in the world do you cut through the plastic

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You shouldn't need the lid unless the decor he sits on is high enough for him to climb out--- like the basking log etc-- keep the lid off if you can - if your going to need it does your dad have a miter saw something like that he could cut middle out? Then use a glue to put screen on-- let the lid sit so glue smell disapates but try using tote w/out lid first--- maybe some others on here could chime in on this
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no he does not have a miter saw, we tried a saw but it kinda shatterd a little bit. blitz is an escape artist, i had a tote for him when he was little and i got the lid off and when i was gone he jumped out, luckily my grandma put him back in the cage. so im scared that he will jump out again

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I want you to Private message claudiusx (Brandon) - Cooper Dragon-- and king of Knobies -- ask them how to fix this tote you have and what you need to do w/ it --- they all have experience in making enclosures -- you can find their names on the boards click on PM and see what they have to say
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Moon4wolfgirl":3kb110aw said:
no he does not have a miter saw, we tried a saw but it kinda shatterd a little bit. blitz is an escape artist, i had a tote for him when he was little and i got the lid off and when i was gone he jumped out, luckily my grandma put him back in the cage. so im scared that he will jump out again

A soldering iron will make holes with out shattering plastic , if the plastic is already brittle , don't use the tub as it's lost it's structure strength , likely due to exposure to the sun.

Buy a new tote (they are very cheap).

Ventiliation for when dragon in tub with lid on (no holes in lid) I do 50 holes near the top of one end with a soldering iron, and 50 holes near the bottom of the opposite end (about 2" off the bottom) to provide air exchange.

To cut a hole in the lid , if you must , a fine electric soldering iron will do the job, just set up a rectangular or square or round guider of some kind, and let the iron melt a hole and then slowly follow the guide to make a hole of the chosen shape.
A Dremel with cutter / router bit will do the job too.
I wouldn't use a jigsaw or hacksaw on this kind of plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom