Beardies poop is odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekesMom

Hello! My bearded dragon, Ezekiel (Zeke), has been having some weird bowel movements. His basking spot is around 103 degrees Fahrenheit, his cool side is around 80-83 fahrenheit, and his UVB strip is reptisun 10.0 T8 it is on top of the screen I’m working on hanging it inside or ordering a T5. The calcium AND vitamin supplements I use both have D3 in them, but I rarely use the vitamin. I recently read about a bear die dying from absorbing too much calcium, and since D3 helps them absorb it, it isn’t suggested to use D3 calcium daily which is what I do. I am getting new calcium and vitamins today without D3.

He (I’m assuming, he’s only about 5 or 6 months old) gets a fresh salad everyday that consists of mustard greens or collard and mustard. I only really use mustard greens because it’s the only ones I’ve actually seen him eat. He gets occasional berries like blueberries, raspberries, etc. I give him 28 Flukers juvenile pellets every morning because his lights don’t come on until 9 am and I’m usually leaving by 7. He then gets fed as many Dubia roaches as he wants (usually between 20-40) in the afternoon. This is when he gets a fresh salad as well. They’re dusted with the D3 calcium. I then also try to feed him some more around 6 or 7pm, he gets his first feeding at 3pm. Yesterday he got 7 blueberries and ate 5 by 7pm so when I put him to bed I left the 2 in there for the morning. And he ate them. But when I got home today at 3, he had pooped as usual and it smelled awfully weird. I mean bear die poop smells awful to begin with but it smelled very different! He then pooped again when I held him and Some clear liquid came out with it, and his irate WASN’T solid? I am inserting pictures of his poop below of what it used to look like and what it looks like now.

Edit: I just witnessed him do something odd, it looked like he was gaping and then he opened his mouth really wide and closed it. Doesn’t sound weird but it looked kinda concerning.
This is what it looks like now:
103882-1702159020.jpg
103882-5651046624.jpg

And this is what it used to look like even though it would often be wider or have more urate:
103882-5273083812.jpg

Edit again: The “before” picture was from a month or so ago, he’s grown a lot and so his poop is obviously bigger now but the urate situation concerns me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
looks normal to me- but I am no expert on poop--- and the wide gaping sounds like yawning
Karrie

ZekesMom

Original Poster
But the urate was literally like a liquidy Paste instead of a solid which is definitely not normal for him. Or for any beardie I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom