Not Pooping, but still eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeed

Hi,

Spyro seems very happy, but.... has not pooped in a little over 2 weeks not. he has started to eat his greens and eats Dubia Roaches. Tried bathing which normally works but to no avail. his last poo was a little over 2 weeks ago and was big and natural in his tank (this took him a week and a half to go). he was treated about 4 weeks ago for a parasite and second dose 2 weeks later and has been happy ever since... but Im a little concerned at the spacing between his movements. Come Thursday it will be 3 weeks, however he seems alright in himself

Has anyone else dealt with this?! what would you recommend?

His set up is listed in my signature and Temp are all good, he basks and i gave him olive oil Friday. Spyro is approx 10 months old now.

Thank you :)

Mike

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Mike,

It's not uncommon for them to take so long to poo as they get older.
Especially coupled with the fact that he just went through some parasite meds. Sometimes a side effect of those treatments is the GIT taking awhile to come back up to normal levels as far as healthy gut bacteria. We see it occasionally where the meds clean out the system so well that it just takes awhile for everything to come back to normal.

As long as hes eating basking and seeming healthy I wouldn't be concerned.

-Brandon

Mikeed

Original Poster
claudiusx":1ortfhtu said:
Hi Mike,

It's not uncommon for them to take so long to poo as they get older.
Especially coupled with the fact that he just went through some parasite meds. Sometimes a side effect of those treatments is the GIT taking awhile to come back up to normal levels as far as healthy gut bacteria. We see it occasionally where the meds clean out the system so well that it just takes awhile for everything to come back to normal.

As long as hes eating basking and seeming healthy I wouldn't be concerned.

-Brandon

Thanks Brandon, that's very reassuring, appreciate the response.

Mike

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Maybe try some probiotics to help get his digestive system back in line. I recently had some similar circumstances and they really seemed to help my guy out a lot. I used the liquid one from Bug-de-lite. Think beardeddragon.co offers some as well.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom