Bearded Dragon Prolapse !!! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnieandClyde123

Original Poster
Thank you. What would you say is the average time to stop grieving. Ive been crying non stop since yesterday (even though she didnt die yet) and today Ive been balling my eyes out for so long having a few panic attacks and i now have stopped crying because I dont think I have any tears left. Im just lying In my bed all day. I know it sounds weird but I would feel guilty carrying on with my day knowing that she died because of me

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She didnt die because of you and dont think that for a second more.

You did everything that you could for her. And, you went through a lot more than a lot of people are willing to go through for a lizard. She died knowing that someone loved and cared for her in her last moments, and that's about the greatest treasure any creature could hope to have in their final moments. She died a lot richer than many before her, and she owes that to you.

So try to find solice in the fact that you showed her she was loved and cared for.
That's the best you could have ever given her.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so very sorry for what you two had to go through & that you lost her. I am not good at all,
with dealing with the loss of pets. I am a complete emotional wreck when I lose one. Eventually
you will be able to move on, but, your heart & soul will always remember her forever. The pain
will get less with time, but it may never go away fully though. :cry:
I am truly sorry for your pain & loss. It is obvious how very much you loved her. Each person is
different in the time frame in which it takes to grieve so take your time & don't let anyone tell you
to just get over it, etc because most people will not understand the love & bond that you felt. It is
a genuine gift to have the love & to share love with a precious dragon.

Tracie

BonnieandClyde123

Original Poster
Thank you. I just feel so guilty. I wanted to ask because I used to have sand before where she used to dig to lay her eggs and I feel like she seemed more comfortable. But when I switched to carpet she couldnt dig anything really and I feel like that she was very uncomfortable and that’s What caused the prolapse. Could I be right?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Everyone responds differently.

I've found the cure for the sadness and beating yourself up and mourning is to get back in the saddle ASAP and bring a new pet into the home who needs your love and care , this converts all that negative energy into some positive, and the new pet gives something very positive to focus all your energy on - this doesn't mean you don't miss the lost pet any less , but you have less time to dwell on the sadness.

Best thing I did was after I suddenly lost Peppa to an undiagnosed organ failure caused by an undiagnosed tumor was bring home Caesar & Cleo.

I still miss Peppa but it's not as debilitating a feeling of loss as it could easily have been.

BonnieandClyde123

Original Poster
THank you. I still have another bearded dragon left. By the way, I know that euthanasia is not supposed to hurt but I feel like when they inject her with it, she did go through a lot of pain In that process. Or am I just being paranoid?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BonnieandClyde123":1gb90wa1 said:
THank you. I still have another bearded dragon left. By the way, I know that euthanasia is not supposed to hurt but I feel like when they inject her with it, she did go through a lot of pain In that process. Or am I just being paranoid?

I can't answer that question , when my pet lizards have died , all except one (Puff who died in postop recovery from a heart attack and Wriggles who died of natural causes , she was very old age about 9 years old is positively ancient for a water skink - she went off for siesta and just stopped breathing after a while - was very peaceful) died suddenly / unexpected on me while I was trying to comfort them.
I've never had an animal euthanized.

I think the vets here tend to sedate reptiles using gas before giving the needle but this is only hearsay what I've been told by other keepers here in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom