Cheddar's Tremors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
From what I have heard UVB bulbs do not expire- meaning if you have extra on hand you can still use them later-- and yes please leave cover off bulb--- I have not heard covers turning yellow but people usually have cover off them for maximum effect of Ray's
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
^this is correct. The bulbs will wear out while in use, but don't wear when they are just sitting in storage/not turned on. There should be no covers over the bulb as the clear plastic/glass etc will intercept the UVB and render the bulb useless. In most cases it's best to use a fixture with a reflector in order to direct as much of the light downward over the basking area as possible.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
possumpeg":2fcfo8kv said:
kingofnobbys":2fcfo8kv said:
AHBD":2fcfo8kv said:
You can do either, but if raw shred it very well. Kale is O.K as well . BTW, never with hold water from a beardie if he's wanting to drink. That can have serious results including kidney damage.
I was not saying to stop offering water and other sources of hydration ( fresh salad , live insects ) and giving the dragon a drink by misting it or dripping water on it's snout.

A bearded dragon who constantly drinks and drinks too much water, may have health problems.

There is also the risk of a dragon who is weak and sick drowning in it's water dish if it's left in the tank unsupervised.

Thanks for the clarification ?. She has to climb up the side of the dish to get to the water and it's only about as big as her head with maybe .75 oz of water.

My two hatchlings currently have a water dish in their rearing tank , I never let the water be deeper than 6mm - 12mm and replace it daily.
Cleo has a habit of waving her bum over it when she wants to poo and depositing the poos in the water , other than that she never drinks from it.
Caesar loves his romps in the water and even occasionally takes a sip of water too (he's my first bearded dragon to go to the water dish to drink).

Different species , different water needs and water behaviours.
My bluetongues are very thirsty and love a good guzzle , this is when I get to see their bright blue tongues in all their glory , they aren't so keen on bathing in their water dishes though.
My water skink LOVES a good drink and will spend ages just luxuriating in her warmed water dish and often comes very entertaining in how she splashes about and plays in the water.

possumpeg

Original Poster
Update. Cheddar is hunting her crickets again!! No tremors, she's still slower than usual, but she ate five crickets and a superworm. She even sipped her medicine and I didn't have to force her. I'm so happy she is feeling better! No poop today, but she hardly ate for about 36 hours. I'm hoping she's out of the woods!! Thanks again for all your helpful suggestions and advise. I'm new to being a beardie mom, so I'll take all the help I can get.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Glad to hear just keep an eye on her- depending on bulb T5 or T8 will need to be changed out in either 1 yr for T5 6 months for T8
Karrie

possumpeg

Original Poster
Cheddar is pretty much back to her old self. She's being a very picky eater, but as long as she's still pooping regularly, I'm not worried about it too much. Just a note for any other newbies. If the UVB is working properly, it will yellow newspaper in a few days. If your newspaper stays the same color, your UVB isn't strong enough or isn't working. Might be worth a try just putting a scrap of paper in your tank even if you use a different substrate. I may have missed someone else suggesting that, but I haven't quite read the entire forum yet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom