40 eggs in two weeks?! also ate eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastella

My adult female has laid 40 infertile eggs in the span of two weeks, two sets of 20. Is this normal? After laying this second set she started eating them! I couldn't find much information on beardies eating their eggs, just that she probably felt like she needed calcium/protein. I will be making sure she gets lots of food and calcium. I'm just worried because it is so many eggs! Should I expect even more? :shock:

99932-4119703868.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, your poor girl, she must be exhausted!
She is most likely very low in calcium, so, I highly recommend getting her on a good liquid
calcium for awhile. Hopefully she doesn't have anymore eggs to lay right now.
Is she eating anything currently?
Is she lethargic at all, or basking?

Tracie

Pastella

Original Poster
Hello Tracie, thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

I will pick up some liquid calcium for her ASAP, especially since she is a rescue with a previous history of MBD. She is exhausted! Just lays collapsed on her basking log all day (she is basking) and her appetite is HUGE! She goes crazy at the sight of bugs right now. I gave her a bunch of juicy Butter Worms I got from the reptile store today.

One thing she is doing since laying this last clutch that has me worried is her right back leg is twitching all the time? Very subtly, just the muscle. Almost looks like she pinched a nerve or something?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The twitching could just be a nutritional deficiency after all ther egg laying.
I'd give her a week or two of good eating before worrying about the twitch.

It's not affecting her movement right?

It's great that she has such an appetite.
Lucky you your petstore carries butterworms. No where local to me does, only waxworms and the other common bugs.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom