do all female beardies lay infertile eggs

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

do all female beardies lay infertile eggs

Postby Soulsplosion » Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 pm

ive had mine for like 9 years and ive always thought she was a girl but she's never laid an egg once in her life wtf i didnt even know they do that
Soulsplosion
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: do all female beardies lay infertile eggs

Postby claudiusx » Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Not all females do. If you're unsure of the sex there is an article here on how to do it.

If you Gerry pictures up like in the article we can tell you if you've got a male or female.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Re: do all female beardies lay infertile eggs

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

No. I understand if you allow the female adult dragon to brumate over winter, even if she never see's a male, she will likely still produce a clutch of slugs.

My Peppa never laid slugs , nor did Rex.
None of pet skinks or dragon have ever brumated , though they do slow down a little over winter but are awake each day looking for food, (water for the skinks) and basking & wanting out).
I've nearly always had mixed sex pairs who are housed separately and never allowed to physically meet (to do the deed) , they do show an interest in the other lizard (potential mate) and do courting rituals but that's as far as I let It progress.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior