Liver Failure in my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamma

I have a 4 yr old male Beardie named Bruno. I have taken him to the vet several times in past year for eyes watering and other issues. I had a new blood test done Tuesday May 14th and it showed his liver count very high. He was also anemic and it appears he has yellow fungus. The vet could not tell me if the yellow fungus was causing the liver failure. I received the voriconazole yesterday and he has had one dose so far. The vet said there was nothing I could do about the liver failure but I have to try and save my Bruno! I bought liquid Milk Thistle w/o alcohol and want to try giving it to him. What is a safe dosage can someone tell me?? Is there anything else I can do? He is eating very little. I put several kinds of greens in blender and syringe in his mouth twice a day and give him warm baths. I am desperate to save my little boy.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
very sorry your little one is in such bad shape! I would use the PM button on the side of your post to ask Drachie613 for advice directly, as she's a vet/moderator on this site.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad, have they tested him for adeno virus? Does he know what could have caused
liver issues in him?
Do you have a copy of the blood tests you could post or send me via PM or email?
I can help with some dosing on the milk thistle, just let me know the strength of the liquid & the
weight of your dragon also.
Can you review your tank setup with us, along with his feeding/nutritional schedule, perhaps we
can go over things a little bit to help improve his health. Liver failure, depending on the severity
could potentially be reversed or at least halted. The liver does have the ability to regenerate on
some levels, so don't give up.
There are nutritional changes that could be made to help, lower protein intake, etc that might be
able to improve the status, too. He is young so that can be a plus, also!
Has he been on any medications that could have damaged his liver?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom