Debating starting a Feeder talks thing in RL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
This may be stupid, but I've noticed alot of people getting reptiles. Don't always seem to pay attention to their diet and get them because they are cool. Recently a couple of my Dubias just became adults, allowing me to finally truly start my colony. However, I've heard more than my fair share of stories from people who do have reptiles and who had reptiles. Of Snakes getting eatten by mice, Dragons getting sick because feeding the wrong type of Dark green. Or Having the because they have the wrong type of light for their scaley baby.

So I am debating starting a program, where I go around talking about Different reptiles and what it takes to take care of them. Possibly even bringing some, dubias, hornworms, or crickets; as well as greens, with me to talk about differences in meals. Why or why not somethings are good to feed your reptile.

General Pros and Cons, basically. My hope is that even one person learns either that a reptile wasn't for them after all or has an "Oh!" moment and it helps them better care for their babies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's certainly a noble venture. I hope you can reach lots of people! Perhaps some of the local pet stores will give you a booth and some time to speak with their customers a bit. That may even help some of their employees give better info. Even if you can help just one dragon have a better life, then it's worthwhile =).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree the petstores like petco and petsmart need someone in their stores to help out people buying reptiles - the stuff these stores send home w/ people makes me think they are setting them up to fail instead of having a beardie live a long and healthful life
Karrie

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
And remember, big named pet stores like PetSmart and PetCo need the corporate owners to be spoken to, not necessarily just the employees in the store. They're only following rules and protocols of their corporate entities. Some even know they way they raise beardies/other reptiles is wrong, but can do nothing about it, because they were told to do it another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom