New baby not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7plusdragon

We got Coco on Sunday from petsmart (I know.. no local breeders) she ate a cricket the first day, a cricket and a wax worm the second day, yesterday she ate a wax worm today nothing. I got my order of worms today so I’ve offered a hornworm, silkworm, Phoenix and wax. Nothing. We’ve bathed her. Offered greens. She’s pooped everyday except today. Her basking is 96-98 I had it up to 107 but she wouldn’t bask. We have the Exo Terra solar glo all in one 125w. In a 38 gallon tank (for now). She’s 6”
What am I doing wrong?
*Edited to add: she seems alert, watches us move, we hold her everyday, not sure if this is bad? She just snuggles in and sleeps.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Can you put her in a tub that has a lid and weigh her ?

What size insects are you offering ?

Chances are she's stressed after going from a tank full of other hatchlings to a tank all by herself.
It can be very overwhelming to them. They can have difficulties keeping track of their feeder insects if they get away from them in a larger tank too.

I suggest getting hold of a 90L or 120L tub like this : https://www.bunnings.com.au/all-set-120l-plastic-storage-container_p2583852
W:520 H:440 L:750

Line it with a few layers of absorbant kitchen paper towels , and set it up like this : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480

This will be less overwhelming to the new hatching and it can stay in it for several months until it's maybe 12 months old at which time it will be ready to go into a proper viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom