Beardie not eating or pooping and wont quit glass surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelarose27

I've had my Beardie for a little over a year now and up until now She's been normal/healthy. The past few weeks though she hasn't eaten much (that I can tell anyways. She destroys her tank every day so her greens go everywhere but all the insects are still in there) and isn't really pooping either. I'm lucky if she goes twice a week anymore. She doesn't feel impacted and is still extremely active hence the glass surfing which pretty much goes on ALL day. I feed her a mixture of greens. Turnip, mustard, collard, kale and occasionally spinach. For insects she gets superworms and crickets sprayed with calcium and has clean water all the time. I still spray her a few times a day with water just because it will calm her for a few minutes and I can get some peace. I soak her once a week and she's usually pretty calm during that. I figured maybe she needed to get out more but I take her out and she finds a corner and hides and goes to sleep so I put her back and she starts acting up again. For her light/heat I have A 100watt zoo med heat and UV light and it keeps her tank about 75-105 degrees depending on the side and she's right in front of a window. I thought maybe the window might be stressing her out so I closed the curtains and it didn't help. I've even tried backgrounds thinking it was her reflection. At this point, I'm out of ideas and am losing my mind. I just want my baby to be happy and preferably calm. Any advice or help is appreciated!
104483-4001215571.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you feel eggs in her?
I'd try building her a lay box and see what she does.

-Brandon

michaelarose27

Original Poster
claudiusx":21qgrocr said:
Can you feel eggs in her?
I'd try building her a lay box and see what she does.

-Brandon
I don't feel eggs. But if I do build a box what kind of substrate should I use? Because she eats the sand...

michaelarose27

Original Poster
KarrieRee":169cpe2u said:
What kind of UVB is in her tank?
Karrie
I used to use exo terra solar glo all in one bulb. It had uva, uvb and heat all in one but they kept blowing so I recently bought zoo med repti basking spot lamp online to try. But once I got the box I didn't say anything about uvb just uva...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Make it out of damp playland. Only damp enough that it will hold its shape.

A lot of times you wont feel the eggs but they can still be in there.

If you dont have a uvb bulb i suggest getting the reptisun 10.0 or the Arcadia 12% Proper lighting plays a huge role in their appetite and overall health and behavior.

-Brandon

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
I'm actually having a similar problem. I've made a lay box for my dragon but every time I put her in it she just tries to climb out. I also don't feel or see any eggs.

michaelarose27

Original Poster
Update: got her a new uvb bulb and she's instantly much calmer and will bask like normal again. Still not showing much interest in eating yet though although I haven't been home much to monitor. Ill be spending tomorrow at home so fingers crossed. Haven't made a lay box because I'm still indecisive on what to use as substrate.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good news on the uvb.
It can take awhile for it to have its full effect.

As far as the substrate, washed playland it's fine. Even if she eats a little bit of it there won't be much consequence. But I doubt she would take more than a lick or two.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom