Comparison of common feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
How do I gutload silkworms to boost their nutritional values (esp Ca:p) ?......, simple, feed them fresh mulberry leaves or chow , these have a Ca:p = 10, see https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4081/ijas.2013.e36
The chemical composition of mulberry leaves is comparable with those of leguminous forages and trees such as lucerne and leucaena (Smith, 1994 SmithO.B. 1994. Using fodder from trees and shrubs to feed livestock in the tropics. Better Farming Series N. 42. FAO Publ., Roma, Italy.[Google Scholar]; FAO, 1998 FAO, 1998. Tropical feeds, 8th ed. FAO Publ., Roma, Italy.[Google Scholar]), especially the protein content. The ratio of Ca:p in mulberry leaves was found to be 10:1,
see table 2
nutritional_content_of_mulberry_leaves.png

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
10 x large white (2nd instar) BSFL = 0.9g ==> each large white BSFL weighs about 0.09g.

added :
BSFL (get the 2nd instar versions in the order, the 3rd instar are good too) ,don't need to dust these) , the flies are a great feeder too.
bslf-life.png

Blowflies produce smaller lavae, but fatter faster flies.
gents/maggots
blowfly-maggots.png

pupae & flies
blowfly.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom