Beardie baby open nose?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so, my bearded dragon is a 3 month old baby, he had problems ever since he was born because he’s a leatherback. This morning he was shedding and as I usually do with all my bearded dragons I check the nose shed, to see it’s its coming loose as it should, I NEVER pull it out, I only check if it’s loose or if it’s stuck to prevent respiratory problems. So this time I was checking and he wiggled when I grabbed it to check and I accidentally pulled it when he was wiggling because I was still holding it, and it pulled the top of his whole nose off! I’ve never seen this before, and now he blows his whole mouth up and it looks like he coughs, he rubs his nose against every surface and only takes a breathe or two once every like 30 seconds. The vet doesn’t take in babies this small so what on earth can I do? He ate two cockroaches after the accident, now just waves his arm, coughs, gapes and makes a clicking sound. He looks really full in his stomach but I haven’t even fed him that much yet. Any ideas as to what I should do?
Here’s a few pictures
102936-7096842546.jpg
102936-5431523304.jpg
102936-1518834727.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, this baby looks like a silkie? Poor little guy, you can just be sure that his night temps. are around 80 degrees to keep his metabolism + immune system strong and maybe that will help. You might see if you can find a vet that DOES see beardies if this doesn't clear up in a few days. All the vet needs to do is prescribe the meds., so they'd have to get his weight for that. BTW, it's best not to mess with the shedding process [ I know you said it was accidental ] but no need to grip or touch the delicate shedding areas, especially on a silkie.

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
Alright, I won’t touch it again, and there are vets seeing beardies but they don’t give medication due to it being so young and small still. I tried calling but the person answering said it was a part of nature and they they don’t take them in until they are at least 5 months old.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I never heard of a vet saying they won't see a beardie until 5 months of age, but there IS good reason to hold off on meds. for a tiny baby unless they are absolutely necessary because the meds. themselves can be harsh. Let the baby stay as stress free as possible , at least he/she is still eating.
BTW, can you get a full body shot from above ? I thought he looked like a silkie.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't tell in that pic, it's kind of dark but in the first pics it looks like a silkie. Did you breed the babies yourself ?

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
Yes I did, and I actually got 4 silkies, I have one more that doesn’t have any scales, the two others got killed by the others in the egg box, and the other one got eaten half of its tail before I separated them and this one as well, I put coconut fat on them so they don’t dry out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom