Possible tail rot - big time stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I really need your help. I thought my beardie was about to shed her tail but then noticed that it wasn't going all the way up her tail today. It's just the end half of her tail. It's pretty dark. She also has some stress indicators - dark spots on some of her back and black under her neck. today I put her in a bath in her tank and left her there. She usually jumps out within 10 or 15 minutes and I come back and take the water out. Today I came back in an hour and she was still there almost laying in it. She's not been eating very much, but I thought she was just coming out of brumation. Please help me! ( I'll take a picture and send it to someone if you can tell me how to do that. I don't know how to load it here.)
86592-4466306395.jpg
86592-7020477853.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The tail will get very dark for a few reasons, this is from stress. Was she digging around the tank recently ? Just wondering if she may have eggs to lay. BTW, best not to leave a dragon unattended with a water bowl. They can sometimes aspirate + even drown if they are not well.

saratxgibson

Original Poster
Thank you. I feel foolish about leaving her unattended. In a previous life that never would have happened - I have a brand new baby that called me away. She sometimes flips carpet up and goes underneath. She seems to be losing weight and iant interested in her food. this in line with being gravid?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
We all make mistakes, at least nothing happened . But yes, her going under the carpet may mean she's looking for a place to lay eggs. Fix her a lay box, large or small. A small one like this can fit right in the tank, it's one that I used for some of my females in the past. It's about 22" L by 8" H by 12-13 " W. Filled about 4/5 with damp sand or you can use sand/soil mix. I cut a corner out of the lid + laid a log next to it for access.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom