What's this LUMP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
I just noticed this lump under Ranger's right eye... my mom touched it and says its hard... he also REALLY doesn't like it to be touched. She almost got bit just touching it. He skipped the blackbeard and went straight for the snap.. totally unlike him. It's not a Large lump but its certainly noticeable. Do I need to take him in to the vet.. or will it go away on its own. Good LAWD don't tell me its a tumor!!!!! A vet visit is not really in my budget. If its a tumor I'll put him down. If its an abscess I'll do what I can to get a vet to lance that puppy. But surgery is Not in my budget by any means.

Not to mention it's 9pm and I can't even call around to see who will take him. He's currently shedding. (I also REALLY don't want to put him down. He's family. But If Its a tumor I don't want him to suffer either.)

@CooperDragon... what's your take on this.

92959-985071636.jpg
92959-5486351740.jpg
92959-5703038215.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look normal. I'd keep a close eye on it and maybe take measurements of it to see if it's growing. If it is growing, then a vet visit is a really good idea. Either way, since budget is tight, I suggest putting aside what you can to try and save up for treatment. It's good to have an emergency fund for it either way. Vets also tend to be pretty good about working with people on payment plans etc and often have prices available ahead of time to give you an idea about how much to save.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2luw64ja said:
It doesn't look normal. I'd keep a close eye on it and maybe take measurements of it to see if it's growing. If it is growing, then a vet visit is a really good idea. Either way, since budget is tight, I suggest putting aside what you can to try and save up for treatment. It's good to have an emergency fund for it either way. Vets also tend to be pretty good about working with people on payment plans etc and often have prices available ahead of time to give you an idea about how much to save.

Thank you. Ill keep watch and see if it grows. That would certainly give me time to make arrangements. Im hoping its just an abscess and it will drain on its own. Hes been itching it with his back foot like a dog with fleas.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably irritating him. It's a concern how close to his eye it is, but if it isn't growing (or if it's growing very slowly) then it may not pose immediate danger and give you some time to save up for treatment.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok it's been a month... But my paychecks have been less than $100 and all the pet places take beardies are $80 JUST TO WALK THROUGH THE DOORS. Idk what to do and now it's developed a black spot. It hasn't grown though. So that's good. Any ideas what it could be?? It doesn't seem to be bothering him as much as it's bothering me.
92959-3585465034.jpg
92959-4764944208.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That doesn't look too bad but it is around his eye so you definitely don't want it to spread or get
any bigger. Did an insect bite him, or did he injure it somehow? Abscesses in reptiles "usually"
don't drain or go away on their own because of how their scales are. Their scales don't shed in
the same manner as humans so bacteria gets trapped or encapsulated & just sits so it doesn't
get sloughed off as easily.
If it isn't an abscess, it could just be a cyst possibly which most of the time are harmless. Maybe
you can find another vet who has lower charges?

Tracie

Banarang

Cancerous? Measure it daily. If it gets infected try pasteurized honey (correct me if I’m wrong. Im just going by what I hear). Sorry about your baby. Hope he/she’s ok.

-banarang

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It hasn't grown. It just developed that spot. The only vets that can take him want $60-$80 just to walk in the doors.... I've done my calls Im gonna try to get some raw straight from the bee honey. I don't see any other way around it. I only make $100 paychecks biweekly And my parents are financing my little sisters apartment (His original owner) so I wouldn't dare ask them to pull out one more cent for something of hers. I'll do what I can for him but he's come a long way from how I originally acquired I never expected this. He had made so much progress now I'm like "Seriously dude what is THAT!!" Who knows the honey might actually work and I've saved myself $200 and 4 weeks of pay! Wish me luck finding the darn bee puke... Orlando isn't known for honey bees I'll have to venture out to the next county where there's actually a possibility of a bee keeper I can bother.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
one of my friends just announced they are now registered beekeepers!! Free Honey! lol So do I just 50/50 honey water it and dab it on the lump??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear ! It's the UNpasteurized raw honey that works, not the pasteurized. I don't know if it will help on this type of enclosed infection but you can try it. Make sure there are no loose insects hiding in the tank, they would love to bite the wound especially with honey on it.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The honey actually made it shrink. I also let him eat some honey and his color got brighter and he became more active as the day progressed. I think he needed the honey lol Im going to continue with the honey. Im using fresh raw honey straight from the hive. straight from comb to jar provided by my aunt who just recently stopped bee keeping. She gave me the last jar :D :blob5: :headbang:

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also the dark spot was just dirt lol I gave him a bath and it magically disappeared.. :lol: I think it was poking out so far that it got dirty in a perfect spot in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom