crics alive longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
how do I keep rickets alive longer I just got 1000 crickets and most of them are gone because there dead. also, how much crickets to feed a 13 inch beardie 8 months.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can be tough to keep alive. The keys I've found are to give them plenty of space and keep their enclosure clean. For 1,000 of them, a 20g tank with a mesh top (or similarly sized plastic bin) work well. I use cardboard tubes for housing so they have plenty of surface area to hide in. Keep the food (Fresh veges) fresh and clean out dead ones and poop regularly (at least a couple few times a week). I've also found that they prefer warmer temps (70s/80s) although they get a bit noisier in warmer temps. I eventually moved to roaches though, because I found the crickets to be fragile, stinky, and not worth the hassle.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I orderd a 1000 the other day and now most of them are dead :banghead:. i want to do dubias but my parent wont let me, i am also thinking of switching to worms

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another key is removing the dead crickets as soon as you see them. Without doing so they all start dying pretty quick ime. But like cooper said, cleanliness and proper space and ventilation are key.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom