I never got told my new beardies age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I need to figure out what my new beardie reds age is as he is still young and I am trying to work out if he’s at the age where I can start to slightly reduce how much protein he eats or not my guess is he is between 6-8 months but I’m not 100% sure
I measured him the other day and he comes to around 10 1/2 inches in length but he is stunted and he was 90 grams If anyone has any guesses or suggestions I would appreciate it thanks

Laurenjc01

Original Poster
Oh and by he’s stunted I mean he’s missing a decent 2 or so inches off his tail and he has a missing toe so I’m guessing that probably makes him weigh less than he actually is

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Young bearded dragons need bugs every day as many as they can eat--- they will eat these till they are around a year old- still offer vegies collard mustard or turnip greens squash butter nut zucchini or yellow - fruit --- he needs his bugs dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week along w/ vitamins 2 x per week --- where did you get your baby from?
Karrie

Laurenjc01

Original Poster
Hi Karrie I give him 50+ crickets a day and I know how often he needs his calcium/ vitamins etc But thank you anyway and he has fresh veggies every morning before he has his live food and thank you for letting me know I need to do this to a year old as I didn’t know that also I got him from a family member as a suprise as I had been looking for a beardie to fill my second viv but couldn’t find one. but they got him from a pet store near my area I think not 100% sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom