MOLD ON EGGS HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are they all getting mold or just a few?

What substrate do you have them in and what are your temps and humidity?

I've successfully hatched a couple eggs actually that grew some slight mold on them. They were so far along and I had the extra space in my incubator I decided why not try and see what happened.
That being said, I've also had moldy eggs that clearly went bad and the development ceased.

I'd separate any that have mold on them so they dont spread to other eggs.

-Brandon

Christiangarza5289

Original Poster
I use vermiculite and the temperature is around 83,85 degrees and humidity is around 75%. So I should just separate them? I heard I can use a fungal cream and it will help. They are 30 days from hatching (expected hatching). Thank you so much for your help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes separating them should be fine. It should at least help keep the other eggs from developing mold, especially if the moldy eggs are kept in a tub with a lid or something.

I have no experience with fungal cremes so I couldn't give any advice on that. Honestly mold wasnt much of an issue for me when I was breeding so there's probably others here who can offer you better advice on the matter.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've had the same experience as Brandon, very slight fuzzy mold on a few eggs that also hatched. Can you post pics of yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom