Bearded dragon is likely dying, I need advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SevzLight":t7kla5jp said:
kingofnobbys":t7kla5jp said:
Maybe consider contacting a reptile rescue group in your area and surrender him to them since you are not willing to provide the treatment he requires , they will do this for him and if he makes it and recovers they will then rehome him with someone better placed to provide for him.

Don't let this drag on very long as he's already critically ill and suffering and will likely not survive without adequate vet care and perhaps a special diet to help with his recovery.

Dont be an *****, unable is not equivelant to unwilling. You don't tell me that im unwilling to care for my pet. Who the ***** do you think you even are to say that? No reptile rescue group is even remotely close nor will they spend thousands for hospital care.

I've offered you a reasonable suggestion , it's your dragon who is suffering . Without having proper testing and assessments done you and everyone else is guessing and more likely to do more harm than good , so I'm done with this one.

Is it OK to be personally abusive in posts here now ?

SevzLight

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":w1szoo73 said:
SevzLight":w1szoo73 said:
kingofnobbys":w1szoo73 said:
Maybe consider contacting a reptile rescue group in your area and surrender him to them since you are not willing to provide the treatment he requires , they will do this for him and if he makes it and recovers they will then rehome him with someone better placed to provide for him.

Don't let this drag on very long as he's already critically ill and suffering and will likely not survive without adequate vet care and perhaps a special diet to help with his recovery.

Dont be an *****, unable is not equivelant to unwilling. You don't tell me that im unwilling to care for my pet. Who the ***** do you think you even are to say that? No reptile rescue group is even remotely close nor will they spend thousands for hospital care.

I've offered you a reasonable suggestion , it's your dragon who is suffering . Without having proper testing and assessments done you and everyone else is guessing and more likely to do more harm than good , so I'm done with this one.

No, it was an attempt to smear the integrity in my post. It's clear as day you get off to trying to act superior to others, because you said "unwillingly". Go away troll. I've already made two visits to an exotics vet about this immediately after noticing. You're not being clever at all, just smug. Bye.

Everyone else, il post an update tomorrow, and thank you again.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello there. I'm just following your thread and don't have much advice to offer as I'm a fairly new beardie owner. Just here to send some good vibes your way and hope the little one pulls through! Sounds like you're doing everything you can and you deeply care for the little one. We're rootin' for you guys!!! ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy today?
Definitely either email or PM me the blood test results.
They tend to like chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with sweet potato or squash varieties
but be sure they are organic. Some leafy greens definitely would not hurt!
The Tazicef is Ceftz so hard on the kidneys. Did the vet think he had an infection? The
pedialyte is good, either the store brand or the national brand is fine. Just be sure to dilute
it some so it doesn't have too much sugar for him.
The dewormer, Panacur is fine. Just keep him hydrated especially to help out his little
kidneys in case he is having trouble with renal function.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

SevzLight

Original Poster
Just wanted to give you guys a public shoutout, thank you so much for the kind words, and I love my buddy. He spent half the day basking instead of sitting around the basking area, we were able to force feed him a good dosage of reptiboost. The second half of the day he spent around the cool side of the cage, and he's likely exhausted for now. He had a rough few days going back and forth, understandably so. I will be pming the blood test results and fecal results tomorrow, and I'm going to do the best I can for now.

Thank you so much..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great news! Hopefully the extra nutrients are having an effect on him.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely let us know how he is doing!
We are all pulling for his recovery. I hope he starts feeling better & basking more, bless him.
I'm sure he is worn out if his iron levels are that low, indeed.
Did you give a small drop of the iron drops, diluted, along with some greens?

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How's your guy doing?

Been a couple days so figured I'd check in on you two. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

-Brandon

SevzLight

Original Poster
Hey guys, just an update. He's still kicking seemingly just fine.. He's still blackbearding but his weight remains normal, his fat pockets, alertness. He's not basking like a normal dragon right now, and definitely not eating like one either. His state almost feels like he's either in breeding season or brumation. Either way, I don't believe it's either of those still, because I don't think either would make him anemic. But we're still force feeding him, and hoping his iron levels go up along with his RBC count. I'm playing around with his lighting a bit, to see if there's something up with the UVB maybe, unfortunately I have nothing to measure that with though. Sorry for the time without an update!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for the update! Keep trying with him. I hope his iron levels come up. Reptiles do
take time to turn around so don't give up.
Is he at least taking the food somewhat willingly I hope?
Breeding/mating behavior can run them ragged. However, he shouldn't have a constant
black beard though, it should go to normal for a good portion of the day.
Does he avoid the UVB light actively?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom